Sunday, December 2

Embers of Smile

It began with a whisper
But grew and grew
Until I felt certain
The source must be you
Why did you smile
While I listened and then
Turn away as their faces
Felt
Silent
Again


What had you told them
That slammed shut their looks
Like end of a lesson
With unpopular books?
What was the writing
Which I couldn't see
As it hid between the covers and
pointed
at
me...

Nothing much could have happened
For by the next day
We were laughing and chatting
And managed to stay
Well after a fashion
Good friends for a while
But always between us
The Ghost of that
smile

10 comments:

Voice said...

what triggered u to write this poem??

Voice said...

you say u have written just like that ...but i think nothing happens for just like that... especially if it is poem :)

bold font for end words seemed to create the correct effect... main words were stressed.
good one

Deepshikha said...

voice/Bhav: Thanks for liking it...but honestly speaking, I am yet to understand what made me write this poem... I think it was a continous observation of some people's reaction at times...and it stayed...and whenever I am in a retrospective mood, I end up writing a poem (as u can know the frequency is as rare as ur posts :D)...
Thanks but the bold fonts wasn't intentional, it came out while writing

Voice said...

r u practicing the art of "embers of smile" thyself? ;)

Anonymous said...

Good God!!! Not a chance, what made u even suggest so?!? :O **baffled actually**

Rohit Sharma said...

Now next time when you will say that I can't write or I am not that good I will attribute that sentence to your modesty.

Anonymous said...

Roh: And I'd say please leave the diplomacy thing to Abi :D, I don't need all my best friends converting to diplomats..:)
But if its that bad then thanks, and if u genuinely liked it then, thanks a ton...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deepshikha said...

Ateet: u were soo rude!!! again u were impulsive i can bet u r regreting it, and dont have the guts to say sorry

Anonymous said...

Sorry u know i mean it, i was upset and it blasted out, please don't hate me for this...
Why u always online when i am?