Friday, February 29

Hair today, gone with the snips

I completely hate going to a salon... I mean simply hate it...
Well why?
I'd not be completely correct if I say its only because I am not to fussy about my looks, or I prefer my natural beauty.. I don't believe in chemical or artificial beauty... All This do form a major part of my reasoning... I sincerely do believe that salon's are for grooming... One doesn't need a makeover... But then that means for personal grooming like a haircut, or a manicure blah blah things you do need to visit a salon, then why do I hate it so much?

Well I agree all women are fixated with the salon.. Give them the freedom and they'd spend half a day every week there, or so it is said; but do you know its not because they think that a weekly salon trip would improve their looks, it is because of the clever marketing ploy used by the Salon staff...

I hate marketing?
What?!
No!!
I don't hate a salon cause they market what they went to sell, everybody wants marketing, but I don't like what their marketing strategies do to a females ego... Trust me, even the most self confident female, who knows she is beautiful, or a female like me who gives pennies to her looks, and cares little when people put in their two bits about the face, because its the person that matters, have a second thought...
Guys who are reading this, it is not funny...!!!

I'll tell you how this thing works... What happens is that you go into a salon for lets say a haircut, and that to just for a trim.. You see the others getting too much done, someone on the face, or hands, others, many, all... Then and there itself your defenses meet 'waxed' floors... They start slipping...
Then you are taken for your hair wash ( Mind you a 'proper' salon always thinks you have lived your life as a rowdy youngster or a hippie and you can't wash your hair properly, hence even if you have washed it that morning, they'll redo it.) The first question is, "Mam which shampoo do you use..?" You say the one you do... "Tch tch Tch... " **looking extremely displeased** "What happened??" you make a mistake of asking, "Mam, it just doesn't suit your hair, its not your type only... It will make your hair dryer.." "oho" , "You should use this, followed by this conditioner, in the way I am going to wash your hair..."
The damage is done... Oh God! I have been damaging my hair? But I don't think its bad but they treat the best hairs, so they know better, or do they?
Next comes the hair cut... Mam which style do you want? You suggest that new look you were dying to get or say you want a simple trim... That my friend is the biggest sacrilege... "Well you know mam, that style has been out for years" "you have a longish face and since your features are not very sharp why don't you take this? at least that will bring some getup to your face..."
He starts snipping
"Mam why don't you take care of your skin? Look at the area around your lips, they are darkly tanned? even your boyfriend will wonder!!" and you go HUH! what?
Seeing you speechless at his audacity to suggest that, he works his charm (read sales trick) in... We have this amazing herbal facial comprising of aloe, sandal etc, they will leave your skin peaches cream in a very short while, and then you'd become the temptress..."

Oh o, the 'waxed' floor was already slippery, you had started slipping, and now you are precariously balancing your feet...

"Mam we have a very new shade in hair color touch up your hair with them, your hair would become very smooth, and silky, it would shine like Kajols..."

"Mam your nails are yellowing!!" Hello my nails are painted red!! " that's what mam, use if nail polish will cause your nails to suffocate with the lack of oxygen and start yellowing, and we have this very nice aroma therapy manicure, that would defoliate your tired palms, and make them soft like a babies, tr it mam, you deserve it."

"Mam with all the treatment you have done, why leave the part which carries your burden the most , your feet, unpampered? Mam they deserve your care, you'll deserve the cracks and then how will you walk?"

We think, Oh God! have I been that negligent? **looking around** every female is getting something done, sheesh!!! am I being tricked b battering of my self respect and ego? or is it true? I think true, its such a huge salon, it doesn't need my money, they treat the celebs so they know best... might as well....

So the ladies end up spending half their days, and well their earnings or ahem the better(richer) half's bank balance, to yet another month when they'd encounter a new split end to trim...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol!! sarcasm is back... his is my doll!! love the wit ;) btw now I know why Ria prefers the salon trips to shopping ones ;)
-Ateet

Voice said...

:))

they also need business... woh bhi kya kare bechare... and fear is the best strategy

what was the final bill :P

Deepshikha said...

@ voice: My final bill was still 388 for the haircut :D

Anonymous said...

I think u have got a great business mind. u picked up the tips so easily which others tend to ignore. :D
btw nice piece to understand the intricacies of marketing .
great!!

Deepshikha said...

@ abi: Thanks dear, I am proud to be a part of the corporate worlds!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.