Monday, February 4

Innocent conversations

Hi, Adya why didn't your papa come to your dance show?

My parents are divorced Rishi, and my dad stays in Vizag hence he couldn't come... Are your parents also divorced? your momma wasn't there at the show either.?

No, my mummy is at God's house, she is visiting him since I was 2years old. Dad says now that I am 7, She may come back with a new makeover, like they show on TV nah... So I am waiting for her to come. Do you meet your dad?

Yes I do meet him, when papa comes in that small plane of his to meet me or when he comes down for work... I know since momma papa don't love each other anymore, they don't taste each others coffee to check how is it, I know I can't meet him everyday...
Lets sit on the stairs and wait till kaku comes to pick me up.. Who is coming to pick u up? Your Papa or your Tai?

So you don't miss your papa? You don't miss sitting on his lap when he come back from office and gets toys or toffees or has man-to-man chat, oh how can you have a man-to-man chat, you are silly girl...

Ae I am not silly boys are silly..
Don't in-in-...whats the word.... haaaan interput when I am talking, ok? Even I will not do interputing when u talk...

What does interput mean?
Ufff you don't even know that, means talk in middle when big people are talking...
Ok...cluck cluck...

Haan so do you not want to meet him more fast ? I cant meet momma because papa says God's country is far, and Papa also comes very late sometimes and then goes out using nice nice perfumes, I think he is in love, and my momma dead... I think he is finding me a new momma, and is scared to tell me, but I am a big boy, Indu Tai, my househelp who takes care of me, told me...she will only come to pick me up...

Ok... somedays mummy comes to pick me up....many days just Shantaram kaku, my driver uncle... I miss papa a lot... Papa keeps telling mummy to send me with him to Vizag... He even tells her that she can put me on the Big plane, not papa's small plane, and papa will pick me up from the Hangar...Nooo nooo airport.... But mummy never allows... She doesn't understand that even though she doesn't love papa anymore, I love him very much... Mummy is selfish.. She wants me all the time to her... I think I understand mummy doesn't want to loose me, or is scared I might make new friends in Vizag or papa will give me so many chocolates that I will not comeback to her, but she is wrong... Papa will take care of me... She says papa has so much work, he can't take care of me, and will leave me to servants who will take care of me, but even she does so when she is busy... Papa is not bad, mummy may not trust him, I do... even I want to spend time with Papa... (starts weeping)

Don't cry, don't cry... Maybe your dad never told your momma that he wants you to go there. He may be feeing ki Momma will refuse, or she had told judge uncle that only you stay with her that is why he also doesn't ask... Or maybe momma may think you are a little girl and you don't understand their divorce and it will make u cry for your dad and momma to be together... She loves you if not your dad... Grown-ups think we bachchalog don't understand big big problems, but we are 7 year olds, bachcha are 4 year olds... Look I am having a small small beard on my face...

Sniff Sniff Sniff.... You are right, my papa maynot have asked also...I will tell papa to ask... I will also tell momma that undersit and will always love her like my old mumma and will not want a new mumma...

Sob Sob Sob....( Rishi is running away) Rishi! wait.... Rishi! where are you running....

I am running because big boys don't cry and I am crying...I want also a momma... I know my momma is dead... Nobody comes from Gods place... I am ready to love a new momma whom dad also loves... Your momma is not selfish, my dad is... He doesn't want to share his love with me... I am very sad... I also want a momma who I can
hug when I scrape my knee, or who can stand up when Avik bully's me, who makes nice nice lunch to me... Even though my own momma is with God, I will love my new momma also... I will be good to her... When dad comes homes late or goes out on business trips I feel very scared that he might not come back... I want to sleep without crying... but nobody understands that...

Stupid, boys also cry, my papa does whenever he has to say Bye to me... And your papa must be seeing if your new momma loves you also...Some women are very bad like my neighbour...she slaps and scolds her son...Your papa loves you so much that he doesn't want you to see all that... Even my papa takes care of me... Dont worry one day you'll get your momma, and I will go to my papa's place and stay with him...

" Adya come here to mumma..."
"Rishi!! Dads here son..."

When did you come?
When did you come?

"A while back son"
"Long Back princess"

5 comments:

Rohit Sharma said...

Kudos..One of the best from your side...
The good part is that children's conversation looks like the one spoken by children, and you have done good work by not letting the dialogues seem as if they are penned down by an elder person.
But do kids really think that much?
If yes, then we are behind in understanding them and understanding the consequences of our actions on them.

Deepshikha said...

:) Thank You... It really means a lot, and u know that...
It was intentional...I had a hard time using simple and small words...

Kids think more then we presume them too...its just that so much time has passed between our childhood and now, that we are scared to think of the impact our actions have on kids...

Voice said...

good one..

enjoyed reading it
so adya got a new daddy and rishi new mom?

Deepshikha said...

voice: thank u :)

Adya never wanted a new daddy she wanted to spend time with him... Lets hope they get what they want...

Anonymous said...

Hello miss counselor! why are u stuck in the world of accountancy, go for psychology.
Really sweet though its not moving or emotionally stimulating, it very effectively raps those parents who r concerned about their view point only. Good job mademoiselle