Sunday, October 7

Searching for Love

Here I was sitting down to complete a draft of mine...there was this draft I was so keen on completing...But somehow, somehow I ended up reading my older posts... When I landed up at 'My Definition of Love' it got me thinking... That post was originally written 3 and a half years back...for my other blog. I realised even though I haven't yet fallen in Love; nor ever plan to; neither have I found a true definition of it, yet I do now admit some people do go through some deeper belonging, which they term love...

Ok my dawning was even confusing when I first felt it... I'll explain what I mean...

Love earlier for me didn't exist...or the term was superficial for me... I felt that emotion was overrated, over emphasized... It was a case of subconsciously copying someone else... I had realised that most people claimed to be in love, when someone in their knowledge had proclaimed to be in love... It was not deep... I hadn't understood that one day you were in love with someone, and the next day you were in love with another...How could that be...?? And these few points of my argument still stand...

But, what has changed is my comprehension of it... There are people who do deeply fall in 'LOVE'... One of my bestest buddy was in love... He had known the girl for a very long while, they kept in touch off and on...never regularly in touch... then one fine day this girl calls him up after years...they embark on their journey, only to realise they never knew what had crept upon them... their sense of belonging, togetherness, the comfort, their need for each other, the mutual fulfillment and sense of being came when they were with each other... They drove for hours without talking a word, and had the best conversation in their lives... But like all things change, their relation changed...their families didn't approve and they were not to be one... Even after all these setbacks the sense of belonging, longing for each other never died in each of them...they'd wait for each other onliine, wait for their calls... One hello from the other, or one miss you from the other, carried them for long...they drew strength to proceed with their lives, just in the hope it pleases the other... They felt the pain together... Time passed, they moved on...life became different for them... The girl got married, and the guy engaged... And when I asked him, Buddy are you ok with it? All he said was "Deepshikha, I don't know..." and somehow I ended up saying "she would always be special to you, the place you have given her in your life would always be hers, but its not that you give your whole heart to somebody... that's fiction...she carved a corner for herself...maybe someday you'd feel even a deeper sense of love for your fiancee, but still she'd be she...and you were and would always remain close, no matter where..."

It shocked me...I didn't know I could express a feeling so well for him, which he was struggling to explain himself...when I haven't ever believed in the concept of Love....

Then in my city there is this case of a girl, who married against the marwari rich girl's dad's wishes, to a guy from a humble muslim background. The guy was murdered by the girl's parents, following a political and media circus in the city... But what is essential to my reference to this incident is that, even though this guy is dead now, the sense of belonging that the girl had for him, made her stand up against her father, her family, even though she was in their house now, and her future insecure, for the guy who completed her...

See I don't know whether love is possible or does it exist, but there is a relation possible between two individuals, which transcends the boundaries of friendship, to a deeper sense of belonging and completion... So maybe, maybe not everybody is hopeless....


[well I am hopeless... for that matter... :) ]

7 comments:

Voice said...

no comments are understandable on this blog... i also do not have any words.. this incident is really unfortunate :(


~voice was here~

Deepshikha said...

yeah the incidents are unfortunate... but they make the others stronger, and somehow along with changing their world, it changes ur comprehension of the world too...

thanks for commenting anyways

Anonymous said...

finally... there is some change in your view abt love.
well people doesn't always gets things they desire.. so we have to accept things as they are.

Voice said...

>>well people doesn't always gets things they desire..

i beg to differ.. we get wat we desire, problem is we are not sure what we desire

Deepshikha said...

Abi-Yeah after umpteenth arguments with u, n rohit...finally some change, dat to courtesy andy :D God am I truly crazy? Btw I wrote this just to prove u a point dat am not as stubborn as u claim I am :D...

Voice- I agree completely...one never knows wat they desire...only not getting something is termed as unfulfilled desires, whereas sitting down I can ask u wat do u want from life, u wont be able to answer me... So in the race (ur race) acceptance always wins

Anonymous said...

kya baat hain madam aap aur lve shove main believe karne lag gaye!!!!!!!! koi bakra mil gaya kya...??

But its really sad when such things happen...it hurts to even think abt it

Deepshikha said...

aapko toh kitni baar bola khoj do koi bakra, ek toh aap khojte nahi ho, aur phir koi agar milne ka chance bhi ho toh usse bakra bolke bhaga diya ;) no yaar... just wisened up a lil...